Thursday, September 09, 2004

The evening dillemma

8:30 once rolls around and I am confronted with the same challenge. Do I wave the white flag and watch whatever the TV has to offer, which tonight is a very impressive New England-Indianapolis matchup, or do I stick to my ideals and do something more worthwhile, like read a new book that I purchased. This is the dillemma that confronts me most evenings. My fortitude tested to the limits by the sweet siren song of "The Apprentice" coming from the other room.
Tonight will be a compromise. I absolutely cannot miss the opening game of the NFL season, but I also need to excerise my fragile discipline. I am running into my office during the commercial breaks to read and write and then enjoying the game as it plays. So I get the piece of mind that comes with learning and the joy that comes with football. Sometimes compromise is the best solution. Anyways, James Mitchener isn't going anywhere, he can always be read on an evening with reruns.

No comments:

Dude