Thursday, September 30, 2004

Campaign Soundbytes

Just got done watching the presidential debate...well as much as I could take and could hold my interest. I guess there was so much debate over the structure and format of the debate that the end product was very staged, unfresh, and predictable. There were very few moments of candor or spontaniety and both sides rattled off the same soundbytes that they have been using for weeks. The only thing keeping me watching the debate was some sort of patriotic guilt.
All in all I feel that Kerry did a slightly better job arguing his points. He did, however, seem as condescending and pretentious as ever. Bush did stutter but maintained his "man of the people" candor. Its strange how this election is playing out. Most people, democrats including, will be honest in saying that Kerry isn't their favorite pick. The one thing getting them going, however, is their anger at Bush policies. So it isn't Bush V. Kerry, its good Bush V. bad Bush.
To be perfectly honest, given the current state of things, I don't think that my life will change much with either president. I can carry on my merry way and for the most part be unaffected by Washington D.C.

No comments:

Dude