Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A blank page

Tonight I have suppose I have writers bloc. I am sitting at my computer trying to drum up an interesting topic to post...I've got nothing. The only thing keeping this post alive is my commitment to write at least three times a week. Well, move over Seinfeld cause' I'm writing about nothing.

Tonight we fed the elders, something that we do every other week. Once again I was in charge of making dinner and once again it hit a home run with the missionaries. This is the third time it has happened. The sad observation is that these dishes haven't been spectacular, tonight's dish was a chicken casserole. But for some odd reason the elders love it, I can only imagine what they were eating before their missions.

I spent a good portion of the evening in the yard trying to determine what to do once the heat subsides and I can do some real landscaping. There's something about homeownership that really turns one's thumb green, it's hard to explain. Two years ago you couldn't have offered me a bowl of cookie crisp to do yard work and now it's something I take pride in.

My wife is into fantasy football. This is a definite victory for me. Her interest in football means more justifiable discretionary football devotion on Sunday. I have successfully neutralized one of her key argument objections, the time I offer to football.

U2 is slated to put out a new album in November. I am very excited, despite its lame title. They are one of like 6 bands that I will go out of my way to respect their intellectual property and purchase their album. Their 2001 concert in Salt Lake is still and will probably be the closest thing to rock n' roll bliss that I will ever experience.

I have taken up the guitar again. I just bought a capo and am perfecting the Beatles "Here Comes the Sun." A beautiful song and one of the few that I have cared to learn in its entirety. I am creating a repitiore of around 6-10 songs that I can pull out during those occasions that call for some shameless social guitar.


No comments:

Dude