Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Wasatch has my back


About six months ago Garrett invited the group to join him on the 200 mile Wasatch Back Relay race. Essentially we form a team of 12 and run the 200 miles between Logan and Park City. It was far off so a bunch of us naively accepted the challenge. Our ignorant pride blindsided us.
Now we are three days away from this. Up until last week I was feeling very confident. That all changed in Sun Valley. I was out to do a quick three mile run when it happened. The elevation turned my muscles into a heaping mass of goo. I had no push. I had no idea that running from 1,100 ft (Phoenix) to 6,000ft (Sun Valley) would make that much of a difference. I was defeated. I nearly sat on the side of the road and cried.
But a few days have passed and my desire to blood dope have subsided somewhat. Yesterday a few of us went a running store and bought some gear and magical medicinals that should help us out. Right now we will take what ever will help. We grossly underestimated this grisly task before us.
Pray for us all! I will post some updates and pictures as they become available.

2 comments:

the medeiros family said...

the new gear looks great...and so does the sweat! Good luck...and I'll pray for you, too! ;)

México Desconocido said...

¡Hola!
Muchas gracias por visitar nuestro Blog. Má sinformación de esta expedición puedes checar en www.mexicodesconocido.com.mx, la página de nuestra revista. Además día a día subiremos la bitácora de viaje hasta que termine esta segunda etapa. ¡También puedes escucharnos vía internet todos los días!

Dude