Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Thoughts

It's Sunday evening and instead of laying in bed and trying to satisfy myself with whatever cable television has on, most likely weekend stalwarts such as Die Hard or Speed, I opted to spend some quiet time in the office. Sunday is a day of peace and reflection and sometimes I feel like I let the tv get in the way.
Today was a good day. I was able to spend alot of time with Alexandra. She is really starting to show some personality and is now smiling rather liberally. I was also able to spend some good time preparing my Sunday School lesson the importance of families. Church was good, the usual Sunday lineup of high council speakers was broken up with a missionary homecoming. Dinner was a very tasty and tender pot roast, venerable american sunday tradition. We even had one of our good friends over. All of these things are what make Sundays the most enjoyable day of the week.
Now I can quietly read and get myself ready for another week. I still think I can get more out of my Sundays but I am happy at the progress that has been made. I don't give myself enough time like this, truly a shame. The best thoughts and moments of learning come at quiet times when one is free from the distractions of every day life. Thats why I need to take Sunday observance more importantly, I don't want to rob myself of these benefits.

No comments:

Dude