Sunday, October 30, 2005

Randomizer Volume III Series I

Halloween- Another unnecessary holiday. But I suppose if it gets we an extra long lunch break on a Friday afternoon for a costume party then it can't be all that bad. There are some people that really get into the whole costume thing. Part of me wouldn't mind being a Roman legionaire or Mariachi but the other part just doesn't want to make the effort. For this years parties I was Rocky, a Doctor, and a Canadian. It's amazing what a little creativity and a thorough search of ones closet can create.

Football- My resolve to minimize my Sunday football was stretched and broken today. I figured I spent a good 3 hours listening to the sweet strains of pads crunching and Troy Aikman. This is going to be a hard habit to break. There has to be a way that I can satisfy my football cravings
without destroying the spirit of the Sabbath.

Saturday- There's a certain sense of satisfaction that comes with a hard days work on ones own house. Yesterday I employed the services of the rug doctor and really went to town on my carpet. It is amazing the amount of dirt that those machines can pull out, I will never lay on the ground again. We want to get the house nice and clean before the arrival of our parents this week, so far the place is looking pretty good.

Thought Magnitude- I frequently visit the blogs of several of my friends. The level of discussion and thought really blow me away, I feel like such a simpleton. Every day it seems like there is thought provoking commentary on current events, philosophy, or gospel principles. I haven't really conditioned myself for that kind of critical thinking since college, quite a shame. Right now my level of interest and understanding of most critical subjects is superficial and goes no deeper then a quick glance at the latest news source. I have selected a couple of pet topics, such as immigration reform for example, but have I given the requisite time and thought to the subject to really be conversant?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Earn residual income for a lifetime.

Dude