Thursday, October 20, 2005

Finding our passion

I had an interesting conversation with a co-worker today at lunch, one that has got me thinking. It basically revolved around job satisfaction and what kept us in our current positions. We both argreed that it is pointless and futile to pursue a job in which you don't enjoy. We spend too many hours in our work to waste it on something that doesn't produce an honest degree of satisfaction. A great job is one that has you thinking about it even after you have come home.
Based on that criteria, I think I am failing. I either need to give my job a more honest effort or quit, refusing to act would be a disservice to both me and my employer. In all honesty there are some good opportunities to get involved. While the products of the company and the industry it serves aren't the most captivating to me there are still opportunities to utilize the skills I obtained as an MBA. If after 3-5 months of honest effort things don't change than it might be time to move on. It should be as simple as that.

No comments:

Dude