Monday, August 16, 2004

Ode to the monsoon

- Joy doth the monsoon bring to my eyes
- Bearing gifts of rain and storm to light the skies
- The heat is gone its grasp is weak
- This weather has made my roof leak

yadayadayadayadaetc...............ad naseum................

Anyways, I am very grateful and happy when mother nature decides to give Phoenix a summer monoon shower. One hour ago I was walking my dog under a dry and clear sky, now it is dark, windy, and very wet. This weather certainly breaks up the monotony of the long and sweltering summer heat, as well as loosens the noose that the water bill has around my checkbook. What is really amazing about these things is the sure force and magnitude of the monsoon. You never get a summer sprinkle down here, when it comes down it literally pours. Add in a strong breeze and you've a powerful force of nature that makes me slightly nervous, if anything for the new tree that I just planted out front.

1 comment:

Ronifer269 said...

And just like that it goes as quickly as it came. It shows up for 20 minutes, creates havoc, and then moves on.

Dude