Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Is handiness an inherited male gene?

So this evening I have some downtown on my hands. I have decided that there is nothing worth watching on TV during the summer months and that I should be devoting my time to more worthwhile endeavors, like tending to my blog. Anyways, my quest for productivity led me to the bathroom and the dangling tower hanger.
Over the past few months the anchors holding up the towel rack have become loose due to wear and tear and damage to the sheet rock. The task to fix the problem should be simple...right? I suppose it would be simple if I had the proper experience, training, or even intuition. I basically damaged the wall before I stumbled across the proper solution. This mishap leads me to today's thought. Am I expected to be handy just by virtue of my manhood? If so, I guess I am a failure. Every project I start turns into problems and mindless fiddling. Is there a way to remedy this problem? Even if I were to attend Home Depot seminars and read up, would I necessarily be more handy?

Sincerely,

--- Purple thumb in Phoenix



2 comments:

neek said...

makesure you know what your doing befour u do it. and it you don't ask someone, or well even look it up online there should and always be answers online!

Ronifer269 said...

Thanks for the advice Shady, I'll keep that in mind next time I bore into the sheetrock to fix a small problem.

Dude