Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What shouldn't happen when two men get together


This past weekend I recieved a visit from an old childhood friend, Lennox. Growing up he was known as Robb, his given name. Some where along the way it changed; maybe he has a special affinity for the air conditioner that shares that name, maybe chicks find Lennox more attractive. Anyways, he was spending a few days with me and I had to play the role of host.
So we did the typical things meant to showcase the city. We got dinner at Pizzeria Bianco, the best pizza in America according to the New York Times. We got pistachio gelato. We went swimming. We went to a Diamondbacks games. And we went shopping......wait, what did I just say?
Yes, we spent the better part of Saturday visiting the myriad clothing stores in the valley. We both have vain tastes when it comes to clothing. I would typically abstain from a such a spree but my resolve is weak. We went to the "Last Chance" and sorted through all of that crap in search of a gem. I found a pair of pants that ripped down the seams when I put them on. Robb, err Lennox, found some used Alan Edmunds. Next we went to Kierland and my home away from home, Banana Republic. I found some splendid deals and won that battle. Robb then routed me in all our subsequent stops with purchases ranging from shirts to sun glasses. Heck, all that was missing from this excursion was lunch at a cafe and an afternoon getting our nails done.
Part of me is embarrassed to admit that I like clothes. Part of me is proud that I have taste and don't fall in line with the millions of men that are so poorly dressed in dockers and striped shirts.

3 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Your last sentence described me perfectly. So tell me what I'm missing. I'm anxious to know, seriously.

Looks like a fun visit, though. I'm surprised I still haven't been down for the Jensen hosting treatment yet. Hmm.

Ronifer269 said...

Bell, maybe this is a conversation best had between you and Macy. Clothing, to some, is an extension of ones individual personality. I'm not tied to a brand or beholden to a higher price tag but when I see something that fits my style I have to buy. I see legions of men who stand lock step in line at their local gap and mindlessly buy chinos and they all wind up looking the same. Maybe it's the same reason why I don't want to live on a nameless street in the middle of some cookie cutter suburban neighborhood. Expression, man.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry...looks like a great time...food and shopping...it's all good! I believe Lennox is Rob's middle name (not sure where I pulled that from, but ask him!)
julie

Dude