Thursday, August 09, 2007

Morning addendum

So I recently took my OCA (Oxford Capacity Analysis) or personality testing through the Church of Scientology. Here are a couple of links to give some background on the test. http://www.xenu.net/archive/oca/oca.html http://www.scientology.org/oca.htm

I was called back to review the results with an expert. For the most part I agreed with the test and felt that it adequately expressed how I currently felt about myself. It seemed about as effective as a Myers-Briggs, Birkman, or Kolbe test in terms of measuring ones personality.

We didn't discuss the results long because my expert wanted to dive right in and get me to get involved in several courses. It appears that this test is a gateway into the program and the myriad costs of the program. The church is run very much like a business and you are coaxed into programs with expensive price tags.

Needless to say, I declined her offer. I did appreciate the fact that she wasn't too pushy. She gave me a few reccommendations and left it at that. I have no intentions of becoming an L Ron Hubbard (by the way, his picture was everywhere and his name was on everything) disciple anytime soon. But I did in the very least quench some curiosity that I had about them.

No comments:

Dude