I feel that the term can expand beyond food. It can cover a variety of activities, diversions, or other aspects of our lives that we can run to when life seems a little too unpredictable. Here are a few of mine.
- Movies: James Bond. Anytime, anyplace. I don't grow tired of them in the least. They have the action, the gadgets, the story-sometimes, and the exotic locations....and they are so easy to watch. You don't need to get yourself in the mood for these movies, you just sit back and enjoy the ride. Most rewatchable of the series? Try "For Your Eyes Only", "GoldenEye", and "Quantom of Solace". What, no Connery? We don't need no stinking Connery.
- Music: Bad (Live), U2. A song that I can play 17 times in a row without getting tired of it. Don't agree? I'll punch you in the face.
- TV: Arrested Development or Seinfeld. These are the ultimate entertainment snack. One episode is just not enough.
- City: San Diego. It won't intimidate or tire you. Everything is within reach. The climate is as pleasant and docile as Eden itself. Its like the Krustez of cities. Just show up, add water, and enjoy.
- Website: ESPN. Because I'm a man and because there is never enough sports.
- Art:The works of Frederic Edwin Church. Enjoy it because it is simple straight forward beauty. You don't need to agonize over interpreting what the artist might or might not be saying. These are simply some of the best landscape paintings that you will ever see.