Thursday, October 16, 2008

Randomizer Volume IV series IV

  • I've become keenly interested in body language and interpersonal relationships lately. One it's interesting and two, social skills and creativity are two things that can't easily be outsourced to Bangalore, India. I would love to be able to read, communicate, and manipulate people better. Well, I'll publicly admit to striving for the first two. A pretty cool basic site regarding body language is called Changing Minds. Check it out.
  • I've been called rambunctious and been accused of tom foolery but I've never been suspected of or called out for chicanery. I always liked that word and I always thought that it would be a seminal noun to aspire to for someone who liked good natured fun. That was until I looked up its exact definition. Now I don't mind that it has never been used when describing my high jinks, mishaps, or missteps.
  • Here is a pretty cool blog from the creators of Freakonomics. When they stick to economics or social science they do a good job and they have a way of bringing to life stuff that can generally be considered prosaic.
  • So I've been watching a couple of crime dramas on TV these days. I guess that's kind of tough since they are as universal as reality shows. One thing I've noticed is that every single tough guy detective/cop character has a horrible personal life. They all have serious issues with their dads as well. I guess that makes for good drama...or lazy writers.

2 comments:

megha said...

well body language also interest me

the medeiros family said...

Hmmm...what I want to know is, how does Jodi feel about the 'stache?? Those are some pretty good handle bars.
Funny you bring up body language...I just watched a 2hr special on the History Channel about body language. Did you see it?

Dude