Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Changes....part duex

I grew up in a very stable household. My dad was a dentist and my childhood passed without any great needs or deviations from normal life. That environment did very little for preparing me for my sojourn into life.
The last few years have been full of many twists and turns, ranging from ultimate bliss to the fear of uncertainty. Shelley is now pregnant. With that comes all of the expected changes to our life. These changes will be joyful. One the other end of the spectrum is my current job. It appears that my company will not receive the necessary funding needed to get the business self sustainable. I love my job, my co-workers, and my work but I am now faced with the grim specter of having to find another job. I could stay here and continue to work in uncertainty and risk or I could search for a more stable job. With the upcoming kid, I will be forced to do the latter. The next few months will be filled with faith, diligence, and networking as a work to achieve that stability that I was accustomed to growing up.

2 comments:

danithew said...

I'm really interested to hear that you're switching jobs. Obviously this means you will return to the valley of zion, leaving that lifeless desert behind you forever, and never looking back. I'll spread the word that you guys will be back in Salt Lake by June-- great news!

Ronifer269 said...

If you can find some gainful employment for me in Salt Lake, let me know. Otherwise I will continue to bake in the dry Sonoran sun.

Dude