Monday, July 16, 2007

The rediscovery of Ryan

I’m currently in between work right now. This presents a great opportunity to take advantage of hobbies and pursuits that typically get left behind by bills, work, and daily crap. As it currently stands I have about 1 ½ days a week that I don’t have to devote to grown up, responsible activities. Here are some of my latest endeavors.

· Kundalini Yoga- I like to discover things that are off the beaten path. The Sikh temple that occupies my neighborhood is one such place. The local Sikh community is somewhat interesting in that half off it comprises the real, turbaned Sikhs from India and the other half is a group of bohemian hippies who have latched on to the teachings. This dynamic is pretty interesting and makes for some great yoga. I typically go once or twice a week and I find that it supplements regular exercise very well. (http://www.yogaphoenix.com/) Plus I get to be taught by cool cats like Sevak. (Pictured left)
· Scientology fun- I like to seek out things that are somewhat new and different. This keeps things fresh and helps me be somewhat informed and objective. Scientology has been constantly hacked from the media; I am interested to see if it is warranted. This week I intend to take a 45 minute personality test at the local offices. I really have no idea what this lead other then a chance to take a peak at a religion that inspired John Travolta to make one of the worst pieces of cinema in the last 20 years. If anything the experience will make for some interesting dinner conversation.
· Photography- I recently purchased a Canon Rebel and taking photos has never been the same. Phoenix is full of nice day trips that provide many get back drops from which to test my burgeoning skills. I have taken a somewhat artistic approach and prefer landscape and architecture as my primary subjects. You can visit http://picasaweb.google.com/ronifer to view some of my recent stuff.

No comments:

Dude