Thursday, March 08, 2007

No running away

Depression is a part of my life. It certainly doesn't rule my thoughts and lifestyle but it is present. It comes and goes and at rather unexpected times. It naturally relates to the events of the past two years. I really can't avoid this so I've learned how to cope with the spells when they do arrive.
These bouts are usually triggered by a casual comment or a memory. Something dealing with the hurt of my situation or the loss of something dear such as my daughter. The feelings come in pretty heavy. I am a transparent person so I usually try to keep to myself for fear of bringing other people into my misery. I become an island unto myself. I know that ultimately I will have to conquer and lift this weight from my shoulders.
I do appreciate the concerns of other people but sometimes I need to pass through these moments alone. I will not take any medication because I know I am strong enough without them. I use these moments to quietly assess my situation and determine what I can possibly do to extricate myself, if anything, from this temporary pain.

No comments:

Dude