Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Quiet Peace of Assurance

This weekend I was able to procure employment that will truly take care of the needs of the family and allow Shelley the freedom to decide what she wants to do, careerwise, without the financial pressure of our needs. It truly is a good feeling.

I have roughly two weeks before I begin. That gives me two weeks to wrap up my project work, take care of house related errands, and truly enjoy the quiet of the neighborhood. While I have been working from home for the last 3 months, I don't think I had truly been able to enjoy or take advantage of my free time. Most of the time my idle or free thoughts were filled with anxiety and the job search. I could never truly enjoy simple pleasures because I was always wondering if there was something else I should be doing in my job search. I suppose my faith wasn't as strong as it could have been.

In contrast, the next few weeks will provide alot more freedom and opportunity. With my longer term prospects secure I can truly focus on other activities. I will spend some time this afternoon to learn how my camera works without being worried about how my resume looks. I expect to get alot done in this time and I only wish I had alittle more time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Jens. And what, pray tell, is this employment?

Ronifer269 said...

Thanks for asking Gar. I will be assistant shift supervisor at the widgets factory. Actually it's not quite as exotic as that. I will be a marketing manager for Xyron Corp. in Scottsdale. I'm pretty excited and will give you more details when I start.

Dude