Friday, April 09, 2010

Randomizer Volume VI Series I

Because sometimes its a lot easier to write in little fits and spurts than actually trying to flesh something out in great detail and craft.
  • I love to hate golf and I don't consider it to be anything more than a mirage for middle-aged white men who think that this hobby is a sport and that they are "athletes". I do feel, however, sympathetic for it it. Why? Because Tiger Woods absolutely owns it. With him golf gets ratings, money, and a sense of legitimacy. Without him, golf goes back to being a parochial activity for the blue bloods on a Sunday afternoon. So they are stuck with putting up with the Tiger Woods marketing bonanza machine and they are stuck having to deal with his sordid personal life. And there is nothing they can do about it. He is their deal with the devil.
  • I always thought it strange that Italy is the gold standard for mens business fashion. Don't get me wrong, I love Italy. I love its culture. I love its food. I love its history. I really like most of its clothes. Maybe the only reason why they go to work is so that they can look good doing so. It's kind of ironic that most of the guys that wear the Ferragamos and David Saddlers and Santonis have a quality of life that most of these Italian artisans absolutely decry.
  • So I'm reading some Jimmy Buffet right now and its making me question the foundation of the "American dream". 5 chapters into "A Pirate looks at 50" and I'm ready to flip the bird at stability, white picket fences, suburban living, and insurance policies. Move over Mr. Kerouac, your beatnik lifestyle has got nothing on what Mr. Buffet offers. Either way, we need to step away from our planners and enjoy a little real living.

No comments:

Dude