Thursday, January 08, 2009

Embracing the "YES" man

It's a new year and a new list of new resolutions. This year was slightly different as we got an early push from our good Canadian friend, Jim Carrey. Upon seeing his new movie "Yes Man" we decided to take a similar approach and embrace the new and exciting possibilities offered to us by this wonderous thing called life. (Well at least as exciting as things can get out in the greater Mesa area.)

With our resolutions and goals augmented by our hollywood aided fervor for trying out new things we have an ambitious plan of trying out a distinctly new thing each week for the duration of 2009. Highlights so far include:

  • Taking up Chess- For whatever reason I feel sort of sophisticated and cultured when I play this, like I am attending an elite English public school.
  • Oil Painting- My first attempt was a horrid and naieve attempt to blend surrealism and nature. But I'm well supplied and hopefully getting better.
  • Durant's- This is a real Phoenix establishment. This old steak house once catered to the Phoenix elite and even the mob. This is a course in fine dining and Phoenician history.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

If you think that chess makes you feel sophisticated, you should really try out an ascot and monacle. I feel so wealthy whenever I'm wearing mine.

Dude