Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Marketing Lacuna

Starting your own business is fraught with intrigue, heartache, possibility, and satisfaction. I've gotten off to a good start but I've come to the conclusion that I need to build some credibility within the local Phoenix market. All of my business to date has been generated through my established network my future growth will depend on how well I'm able to communicate my message to companies that are just meeting me.

So I've joined a few professional associations and I've decided to come up with affordable ways to get my brand some exposure. I have some contacts at Jobing.com and they are looking to grow their traffic and loyalty by assembling a series of blogs written by certain 'experts.' I was contacted to write some pieces. My angle is this- "Apply marketing principles to the jobsearch". The idea being that these principles will provide job seekers with fresh and more effective ways to market themselves to prospective employers. I build credibility for myself and get exposure to a website that gets 50,000+ unique visits a day, a good percentage being employers that could also use my services.

No comments:

Dude