Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Uncertainty 2004

I, like everyone else in the U.S., is following the presidential results as they trickle in....are exit polls really this accurate? Shelley and I voted this morning. Things ran very smoothly and the whole process took 20 minutes. I am very anxious to see this day end. One, because I am sick and tired of all of the political mud that has dirtied up my living room and. Two, because I really am nervous about the outcome.
While I strongly support Bush, I am tentatively getting myself ready to accept Kerry. He just doesn't seem decisive or charismatic and he bases his stances according to the breeze. But, I would rather accept a clean defeat then have to endure two months of uncertainty. I really hope that our nation can recover from the division that has been created through this campaign.

1 comment:

Ronifer269 said...

Tonight brings back memories of 2000. I was engaged and almost ready to be married. After voting at the local polls we went over to my sisters house to watch the results. The evening drew on and on, the tension broken up every few minutes by the animated antics of my brother-in-law. We went to bed in complete uncertainty, I hope that doesn't happen tonight.

Dude