Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Second Guess



If I could redo my career selection all over again, I would choose to be an architect. The perfect blend of science and creativity. Building a legacy that stands the test of time.

If I could redo my career selection for a third time, I would choose Anthony Bourdain, post "Kitchen Confidential". Traipsing around the globe discovering new sides to the world's many cultures and sampling their culinary oddities. Far from the beaten paths of all-inclusive resorts, brochures, and the thunderous roar of the traveling herd.

That is good living. To discover the true essence of other peoples, far beyond the venal veneer that most people do not choose to look beyond. And to capture these people with such a mastery of word and craft. Well done Mr Bourdain, well done. Kind of reminds me of my cousin, Christian.

1 comment:

the medeiros family said...

I love architecture and food, too...hmm, maybe we should go into business together. I absolutely loved studying art history. Interestingly, I found, at times, my studies on architecture to equally and more fulfilling.

Dude